Weaver Library and Riverside Branch Library have paper copies of the Federal Tax Forms available.
Rhode Island Income Tax Forms available here: https://tax.ri.gov/forms/individual-tax-forms/personal-income-tax-forms
East Bay Community Action’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program will once again have trained and certified preparers available to provide free tax preparation to clients earning under $60,000.00.
In 2023 they will have two tax preparation sites.
Please only call the Office of Volunteer Services at 401-435-7876, ext. 1137 to schedule or cancel an appointment.
Please note that a valid Driver’s License/Photo ID for the taxpayer and social security cards for the taxpayer and all dependents are mandatory. If possible, please print out and complete the VITA Tax Survey and the Intake/Interview & Quality Review Form and bring them to your appointment.
For more information, please visit the link provided below:
If you have issues with the link provided above, please call the Senior Center for assistance accessing the list of documents needed for your appointment.
(Senior Center or Riverside Library)
AARP’s Tax Preparation Appointments are all booked for the rest of the season.
AARP will be at:
The East Providence Senior Center every Monday from: February 6 – April 10
The Riverside Branch Library every Friday from: February 3 – April 14
What to bring the day of your appointment:
- Photo ID, driver’s license, last year’s tax return
- W2 wages – earnings
- W2 gambling winnings
- 1099G unemployment
- 1099R pension – annuity
- SSA-1099 social security statement (has pink box)
- 1099 INT and 1099 DIV interest & dividends
- 1099B brokerage statement after March 15, 2023
- 1099MISC miscellaneous income
- 1099NEC non employee compensation alimony, date of divorce , former spouse name & SSN
- 1098T education, tuition dependent child care provider name, address, EIN #, amount paid for each child rent – landlord’s name, address, phone# , amount paid – for property tax relief credit.
For information or appointments, call Patty Breen at 401-246-1678 between 9am – 12pm.