Posted By EPPL On December 15, 2011 @ 12:53 pm In | Comments Disabled
- CareerBuilder  CareerBuilder allows the user to search for jobs in the United States and internationally, apply for jobs online and post resumes.
- CTI Career Search  This useful site is designed to help a person find a career, not a specific job. It includes career overviews, lists of careers with average salary and growth rates, career videos and stories from workers with job tips, and lists of schools for specific careers. One can also search by city to see the most popular jobs for that area and the average salary.
- Department of Labor and Training  Use this site to apply for unemployment insurance, temporary disability insurance, and workers’ compensation. The site also has extensive labor market information, labor standards, occupational safety and professional regulations. It also has links to other useful sites such as Hot Jobs, and a list of highlighted DLT jobs.
- EmployRI  This site will help the user to find a specific job in or around Rhode Island. The site will help a person to create a resume. It also lists events like computer and resume-writing workshops and job fairs.
- Indeed  Indeed lists national employment opportunities, average salaries and trends. It also has a member’s forum.
- Job Hunt  This site lists jobs nationally. It also has many useful features such as a job hunt tutorial, instructions on how to set up email, research companies, do a job search, make an Internet resume and many other topics.
- Jobs in RI  Users can search for jobs and also post their resume for future potential employers. It also has video tutorials on how to use the site.
- Linkedin  Linkedin is an international business oriented social networking site. This site can allow members to make contacts in the business world to find jobs, business opportunities and network about issues.
- Monster  Search for jobs by location or position, post a resume or read numerous helpful articles on resume building, cover letters, interviewing and other topics.
- Network RI Job Assistance  Network RI includes a list of available RI state jobs, career tools and links to many job search sites. It also lists the locations in Rhode Island where job seekers can go in person for help in locating employment.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook  Use this handy guide when deciding upon a profession. It has information such as training requirements, nature of the work and employment outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Riley Guide  Riley has actual job listings, but its strength is in the numerous informative articles on topics such as how to job search, negotiation and handling job loss.
- RI Secretary of State  Use this site when starting your own business for how-to information and necessary forms. It also includes information on licensing requirements for specific occupations in Rhode Island.
- Learning Express  (through AskRI ) This database provides students with practice tests, GED preparation, citizenship tests and articles on job skills and links to computer tutorials.
- Career Center of Homework Help RI  Write an effective resume, prepare for an interview, pass the Citizenship test or study for the GED with help from a live tutor. This site includes study guides for SAT, GED, and civil service tests.
- JobView View job openings from Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts. This is available ONLY computers in Weaver Library.
Article printed from East Providence Library: http://www.eastprovidencelibrary.org/epl
URL to article: http://www.eastprovidencelibrary.org/epl/research-resources-databases/job-resources/
URLs in this post:
 ProJo Jobs: http://www.providencejournal.com/jobs/
 Boston Globe classifieds: http://www.boston.com/jobs
 Craigslist: http://providence.craigslist.org
 East Bay Classifieds : http://eastbayclassifieds.com/employment
 CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com
 CTI Career Search: http://www.citytowninfo.com/employment
 Department of Labor and Training: http://www.dlt.ri.gov
 EmployRI: http://www.employri.org
 Indeed: http://www.indeed.com
 Job Hunt: http://www.job-hunt.org
 Jobs in RI: http://www.jobsinri.com
 Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com
 Monster: http://www.monster.com
 Network RI Job Assistance : http://www.networkri.org
 Occupational Outlook Handbook: http://www.bls.gov/oco/
 Riley Guide: http://www.rileyguide.com
 RI Secretary of State: http://sos.ri.gov
 Learning Express: http://www.askri.org
 Books for your job hunt: http://library.booksite.com/6291/nl/?list=CNL11
Click here to print.